Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad


So yesterday a friend asked her FB family for a new twist on a pasta salad. Coincidently I was making one for supper. So I thought I could share with all of you! Keeping the words short today. It's Friday and the house is still a mess, errands still have to be ran, and I would love to squeeze in a nap... not going to happen, but in an ideal world right?

Start by raiding your fridge for grillable vegetables. You like that right, Grillable.

I got some zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, and red onion.
Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Grill. Big chunk chop.

Boil some pasta, I did Rotini, drain, throw in the bowl with the veggies.

Grab some cherry tomatoes and cut them in half, some green olives and do the same. Hey why not some artichoke hearts? (I didn't have any this time)

Throw all that in too.

Now some dressing. About 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic, salt and pepper, and chopped fresh basil. (measurements are very aprox. I don't measure sorry). Mix it up.

You got it, throw that it too.

Mix it up.
Add some cheese if you want. I had Haloom on hand.. Oh my yummy salty friend Haloom, how I love thee.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment