Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Challah Bread

Oh my bread machine, how I love thee, let me count the ways. I don't know why I only tried this for the first time recently. Why did I over look it for so many years???

To all my bread lovers out there. You must MUST try this one.

Place in your bread machine:

3/4cups water
1 egg (beaten)
3 tbsp shortening (I used butter)
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Set the machine on the dough cycle and let it do it's thing.

Once it has finished remove the dough from the pan and split it into 6 equal parts,

Roll them each in a ball

Then into a snake shape.

Then attach the snakes at one end.

Next you braid the 6 "ropes"

Voila, it's a little tricky, I'm not going to lie.


Let it rise for about 30 minutes

Combine 1 egg yolk and a splash of water, Brush over the bread.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Let's just say that my kids ate all their Quinoa salad so they could get a piece of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment