Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

An early V-day treat

I had a pretty rough day yesterday with my little monkeys. I went shopping for me, and ended up spending 70 bucks on the kids. Came home cleaned up the messy house, bathrooms, floors etc... started supper. Fed the cranky baby, who then vomited all over me... cleaned the couch, cleaned me, gave him a bath, just for him to do it all over again. 


Get my eldest off the bus, get the middle 2 from day care. Let the insanity begin. Running, yelling, groaning, fighting, supper, running, yelling, baths, bed, me and my hubby sit down to eat. 


I think Ahhhh this is great... Then:  My littlest wakes up more then normal ends up in bed nursing all night, my second eldest comes in our room with a nightmare, my eldest came in because she was not feeling well. The alarm goes off and it's time to start all over again. Only today I will make a yummy treat. 


So the first time I made these I did so for Christmas, with cute little festive Christmas sprinkles. All you have to do is change up the sprinkles and they are good for any occasion. 


If you haven't realized by now I am a fan of super simple things. 


Here's what you need.


Here's what you do. 

Beat 2 cups of icing sugar, 2 tbsp corn syrup, 1 1/2 tbps soft butter, 2 tsp milk, and 1 tsp peppermint (or any other flavour you like, I'm thinking cherry) extract until smooth. 

Scrape it into a little bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes. 

Play with cute baby.

Meanwhile: Melt about 8 oz. of chopped chocolate ( I used dark, it's healthy right?) with 2 tsp of shortening (this will make the coating nice and smooth).

Pull the chilled filling out and roll into little balls, then roll in the chocolate. 

Place on parchment lined baking sheet. 

Sprinkle with desired sprinkles. 


(I let my daughter do this part, oh didn't I tell you I had to go pick her up from school today... grumble, this meant I couldn't try and find the sweater I un-successfully went out for yesterday)

Chill. 
Eat your crappy day away :)

Oh or enjoy with your loved one for Valentines day. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I had the christmas version - they ere so yummy! Like little wobbly after-eight balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Will have to keep in my "favorites" to try one day! BTW, love your blog. Not laughing at your pain, but you made me giggle a few times ;)

    ReplyDelete