Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Another healthy cookie?

A friend of mine put me on a mission. I love it, a challenge. She tells me "my sister has a great quinoa cookie recipe, made without eggs, and with bananas, but she won't share it"... Consider it done! The rules; no eggs, no peanuts, no funky ingredients that wouldn't already be in the pantry. I thought no problem, then I quickly realized that most recipes not only had eggs, but quinoa flour. Not in the rules. So after taking bits and pieces from several different recipes I think I came up with something pretty good. Please note, these are not "I had a bad day I need something sweet" kind of cookie. These are premeditate cookies.

Without further ado,  Here to you Brenda (and anyone else who might want to try!)

Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa in water and a pinch of cinnamon. (don't over cook it will be too mushy, don't under cook you'll end up with little crunchy things in your cookies). Let cool

In a food processor I combined 2 bananas, 1/2 cup of butter, 3/4 cup of brown sugar and a splash of vanilla. Puree, it will be smooth and velvety.

Place it in a bowl and add 1 1/2cups of flour (whole wheat if you are feeling extra healthy), 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of baking powder, and 1/2 tsp of baking soda.

Stir to combine, try not to over mix or the cookies will be tough.

Add in 1 cup of cooked quinoa, 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of add ins (like chocolate chips, cranberries etc..)


Bake at 375 for about 11-12 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment